Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I'm movin'!!

The scene this morning:




I feel like these shots are a metaphor for my PD lately- my movement getting foggier and foggier. But a new day is dawning because...

I started my new drug Saturday- the time-release version of Requip! So far there are NO! side effects (like nausea, compulsive yawning, tiredness), I take it once a day- not three times, I have less tremor, more muscle control, less stiffness. I am thrilled and very thankful. (And I'm on the lowest dose now.)

I haven’t felt this ‘liquid’ in a long time. I'm melting. This is good.

Who knows what could happen.


Monday morning I reached for my toothbrush with my left hand as usual and noticed how quickly my hand did it. (The joke has been lately that I can take a break while waiting for my left hand to respond to instructions.) Peeling off sweaty clothes doesn’t feel like I’m trying to do it with boxing gloves on. Just typing this is easier. Fine motor skills were steadily going south, to Florida, or the southern hemisphere. Sunday, a lady told me my speech wasn’t slurred (slow response time with those muscles too).

And stamina seems better. We had Jack and Shannon this weekend and it wasn’t as draining as it was the weekend of the 4th. And…I cleaned out, swept and stained the floor in half of the garage yesterday.


Which leads me to some other news- Laurie and Sean are readying their house to sell. They’ve got their eye on an acreage near here, so they need storage space here to unclutter their house for showing. So far they’ve torn up the kitchen flooring, found oak, and refinished it along with the dining room floor, and began installing an over-the-range microwave. This weekend is multiple painting projects. The Boys will likely be here each weekend this month.

If you have an itch to do remodeling or plan and/or decorate a room for showing the house, I’m sure they’d be thrilled with any help. Dianne told me about the HGTV show Designed to Sell and that’s sort of what we’re trying to do. Time is an issue. They don’t plan on making another counter-offer until they are further along with their house, hopefully in a month?????

Here are highlights from our Pine Lake week cabin vacation and The 4th:

No comments: