
The Cedar Rapids Pittsburgh paint store had water 8 feet deep. This is a shot of the street it’s on, but a different block.
I found these pics of the Oskaloosa Water plant.
Steve had his annual physical today and set a record: first time having lower blood pressure than me- 110/68. My six month check up with the neurologist was this afternoon and my blood pressure was 112/74, a little higher than usual. I attribute that to the conversation I was having with the nurse about parenting and we were both laughing pretty good.
First the bad news: Dr. Struck noticed right away that my "tremor has gone to town," as she put it. She also noted how much stiffer I was which is affecting among other things my balance.
Now the good news: The time-released drug we've been waiting for should be out in August. She had patients involved in the clinical trials for this drug for two years and they ALL were pleased with it- almost 50% fewer side effects than the Requip I'm on now (like uncontrolable yawning and sleepiness). And of course the even release of the tremor-control part, instead of having peaks and valleys all day.
I asked her about the eventual approval of deep brain stimulation for younger patients being possible in five years. She put it closer to ten. She said even though insurance companies will pay for two knee replacements they won’t pay for DBS, which would cost the same. They will demand years of hard evidence that DBS early-on will save them money.
So I am very much looking forward to regaining lost ground. I’ve slowly started exercising sporadically again. Not being tired most of the time should help that a lot, which in turn will help everything else.
We are eagerly preparing for a week away in a cabin at Pine Lake State Park. Thankfully, none of their facilities were flooded.


No comments:
Post a Comment