Saturday, February 16, 2008

Cowboys

It's warming up in the neighborhood. 21 degrees. I'm heading to Cedar Falls today to visit Holly (and Jeff) Crandall overnight. I'm looking forward to that. Steve flies to Dallas this afternoon and gets back Thursday night.

Here's one Covington cowboy bellying up to the oatmeal bar:

Here's the other:


Last Friday night we checked out the freight sale in Winterset- the place where we got all those $10 space heaters last year. It was a smaller sale. We got a few things- mirror tint for the windows by the birdfeeders $5, medicine cabinet $5, a red cowboy hat .10, a twin size mattress pad for Laurie $5.

Some birdwatching made possible by the glass tint:



An advisory to those using Picasa when deleting anything. I inadvertently deleted all my photos on all my blogs a couple weeks ago. I’ve restored all now except this blog’s six months’ worth. It seems to be a common occurrence, reading the discussion help board.

Cooking night at Cassie's house Wednesday night.


A couple of her friends helped too (Cassie is on the left). Four of us in a one-butt kitchen.

The other day Shannon, age two, almost three, picked up my digital camera and started taking pics. I told him how to keep his fingers from in front of the shutter. Here are about half of his pics (with some of mine of him) minus the ones of his fingers and about a hundred of the kitty.

No comments: