If I look tired in this pic our second day there, it's because I was. I had a strep AND yeast infection. Good thing I had gone to the doc the day before we left!
Here's the best pic I have of our tent AC system. It was a lifesaver and worth every penny.
Speaking of flowers, these 'sunflowers' ring our lawn. They are tall and bowing in the breeze this morning.

The prairie asters, a bouquet on a stalk, are blooming their heads off.
I struck gold on clothes deals at a consignment shop in Forsyth, MO. I bought a dress, a jumper, 3 blouses, 2 vests, 1 skirt, 1 pants, and 1 sweater set for $26.50! I've been overhauling my minimalist wardrobe the last couple of months. I tried on some of the fall things:
Consignment shop rayon pants $5, shoes Rock Valley consignment shop.
St. Paul Herbergers $86 jacket for $2.99; had wool pants already.

Forsyth consignment shop wool vest $1.50.
Younkers 70% off rack sweater/blouse, 100% wool skirt Forsyth $2.50, Branson black boot(s) $12.
Rock Valley consignment shop pants.

Younkers 70% clearance rack sweater and shell.












4 comments:
Love those boots mom! It's amazing to look at a dozen pictures and not recognize any of the clothes from my childhood...
Also, you look like you have a big crown on in half of the pictures becuase of the picture frame on the wall behind you - nice touch.
You look great, Mom!! Looks like you got some good deals too. Although, I'm not sure I would pay $12 for a pair of shoes that included one boot and one shoe. :)
Ellie's favorite is the one with the mismatched shoes. :-) She says you look much younger!! Hmmmm.... looks like I may have to stop in at the RV consignment shop when we are there on Wed.
John, it's more than amazing, it's miraculous!
Yes, the crown. Steven Wayne Hootheging is going to keep his day job and not go into photography any time soon.
Laurie- no WONDER that boot was so cheap!
YWM
Anne- the consignment shop is the new one- an old hotel made into a two story shop, across from the Economy Shop. it's so cool. all decorated- nostalgia. it's fun just to walk thru. i guess there's stuff in the basement. That's where i found my one shoe.
Post a Comment