Saturday, January 17, 2009

B-r-r-r-r

It’s warming up in the neighborhood. That’s good cause we’ve been afflicted with some viral thing the last week or two. Steve has had a whispery voice, something like Dirty Harry, but with a hacking cough. It's not as sexy with the cough. I escaped the cough myself, but made up for it with buckets of snot, uh...mucous, which also isn't all that sexy either. Apparently.

So tonght while we coughed and blew, we watched Dirty Harry (1971) ask twice in the movie, "I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk?"

So to catch you up a bit:

We spent the week before the kids came for Christmas re-doing the steps and painting the big room downstairs.


We had our Christmas celebration Jan. 1-4 and really enjoyed having the cozy/large space downstairs.


Updates:
-Laurie and Sean moved back into their house Dec. 23; no prospects yet on buyers for their house; they are enjoying upgrades that were done this summer to get it ready to put on the market.

-Sean and Laurie expect the latest model Covington in July.

-Dan is enjoying his new job at Mayo in internal auditing.

-John was promoted to manager at his accounting firm.

-We joined Aspen Athletic Club and are using a personal trainer for a couple of months. We both really like Trista, she's a down-to-earth farm gal from Fargo. I love her cause she thought I was (get this) STRONG! I discovered my new drug increases the appetite and that may be why I’ve gained 8 pounds since August. Since Steve is an empathetic eater, he’s gained at least that too. Besides getting in shape I'm motivated by the fact that...

-Sister Lou and I hope to go back to Florida in late March or early April for $29 each way again.

No comments: